Apply to Create a Program!
Certified yoga/mindfulness/meditation instructors apply to YBDF in tandem with a deserving institution, describing the community's unique need for yoga and the teacher's fitness to serve that community. YBDF does not orchestrate programs; instead, we fund yoga instructors to implement a plan for a program.
Apply for sessions between January and June by October 31. Apply for sessions between July and December by April 30.
Please be aware that if you choose to apply using the web-form below, you must answer every question, and as the application cannot be saved, it must be completed in one sitting.. Alternatively, feel free to email the PDF form to email@example.com, or mail to:
Yoga by Design Foundation
PO Box 1055 / Birmingham, MI 48012
The following are eligible to apply for grants:
• Benefit under-served individuals and groups: Disadvantaged or at-risk with regard to inability to pay, inability to access (transportation/availability/confinement), or other disadvantages for reasons of physical or mental health, ability, and/or social status.
• Certified teacher with related education and experience working with population to be served. Proof of insurance, instructor certification, and CPR certification are required.
• Venue free of charge to YBDF, clean with adequate space.
• Willingness of partner organization to participate in & support grant objectives including reporting criteria.
• Willingness and ability of teacher to complete reporting requirements as outlined in grant acceptance agreement.
YBDF does not provide grants to:
• Organizations that promote religious doctrine. (We may support agencies operated by religious organizations that serve secular needs.)
• Organizations that lack written policies about discrimination or have a track record of discriminating on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, familial status, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, disability, or political affiliation.